Yard Waste (Compost) Disposal
The DPW Compost Site is Open for the season mid-April thru mid-November. This site is for Village Residents Only.- Saturdays - 9:00 a.m. - Noon
Compost Site - Mid-April thru Mid-November:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays - 12:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Site dates/hours subject to change without notice.
The site will be unmanned. Please be respectful of other people at the drop-off area.
Please Note...the site is under video surveillance. If there are abuses to the site, the hours may be modified or the site may be closed.
ACCEPTED ITEMS FOR THE COMPOST SITE:
1. Grass clippings/leaves (curbside disposal prohibited)
2. Miscellaneous compost including flowers, garden plants, etc. (curbside disposal is prohibited)
3. Small tree/bush stumps
1. Village residents only!
2. Place compost in designated area
3. Remove plastic bags/containers - take home or dispose of properly.
5. No garbage, recyclables, construction materials, iron, or tires, or hazardous materials.
For disposal of garden waste, leaves, and lawn debris from your yard clean-up:
- The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources strongly recommends that these materials not be placed in the street. Lawn clippings and yard waste must not be put in the street at any time.
- Place debris in bags, buckets, or other suitable containers and bring to the Village Compost Drop-off Site at:
Public Works Garage
649 S Main Street
Saukville, WI 53080
Curbside Leaf Collection:
The Village provides curbside leaf collection in the fall for Village residents. Only leaves can be placed curbside. Do not mingle leaves with other yard waste (plant debris, branches, etc.) as this will plug the Vac-All collection truck.